Homeless
Testimonials
Volunteer
Testimonials
Donating
The Neighborhood 

‘specialized needs’

Dear Church,

One of our regular guests came up to Steve and I the other day as we were enjoying the sun in the courtyard and asked if we could help him find a ride to a doctor appointment. The request is fairly common. There is precious little money in our guests pockets for bus fares and most appointments mean an extended walk. Bicycles are a precious commodity as they make getting around so much easier, but quite often our guests don’t have a bike or are unable to ride.

As I was thinking about how to help this guy (and so many others) find a way to his appointment, I thought, “What if we had a volunteer or two who would be on a sort of ‘standby’ for times such as this?” Truth be told, I have a list of some specialized volunteering needs and “someone to help guests get to appointments” just got added to the list.

Read more...

January 24th

Dear Friends,

Last week when I was at a conference meeting, our keynote speaker invited us to play a game with him called, “Did You Know?” After a few rounds with the speaker asking, “Did you know?” we were invited to share some things using this format. My colleague from Napa asked, “Did you know that Napa is the third wealthiest county in the United States and has one of the largest homeless populations in the state?” Here are a couple I have to share with you:

Read more...

Cindy Storrs    NSC Administrator